Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Wow! This weekend has been a whirlwind.  So much has happened over the last 4 days:
  1. Our website, www.nutmegnaturals.com went live
  2. I set up a PayPal account
  3. I set up an Etsy account
  4. I listed items on Etsy
  5. After I listed our Cranberry Bog soap, it was picked up in someone's treasury in about 5 minutes.  So excited! This literally made my day.
  6. Made a really cool looking soap (see below)




I was going to do a spoon swirl, but got lazy and just took turns layering and pouring the 3 colors I made. I'm really happy with how they came out.  It reminds me of an underwater scene.  See that little curve under each bar of soap?  Well, my soap mold liner must have curled up a bit in that spot...but you know what?  I really like the way it looks.  Kind of an ergonomic soap with a place to hold it in your hand!

Mom was busy making soap too.  She made another batch of her mouth-watering coconut lemongrass.  I really must refrain from wanting to take a big bit out of this soap.  Isn't it gorgeous?

Mom also made another batch of spring garden, but adjusted the color to a beautiful, soft purple.  She mixed her own fragrances for this soap, mixing lilac and sweet cut grass together.






Tomorrow will be a very busy day.  Back to work after the nice, long weekend, and back to school.  I'm taking a summer class towards my Accounting degree.  It should be interesting packing 5 months of school work into 4 weeks.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. die erste Seife ist ja unglaublich toll und schön! Wunderbar.

    liebe Grüße Dörte

    ReplyDelete