Sunday, July 17, 2011

A fun Saturday

So yesterday was a really nice day.  We got a call from my dad to ask if we wanted to come over and see my step-sister's new baby.  Of course we wanted to! He is only 2 months old, and honestly, I have zero experience with babies so I was quite excited to meet him. Steve and  I got to hold him, feed him and play with him.  I'm in love! He was such a good boy and it was a great visit.

After we left, we headed down the street from dad's house to a little farm stand on the corner of the road. That area of the state has particularly great produce so we bought corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and box of blueberries for just $8.  Then we headed over to Trinity Dairy in Enfield, where we picked up some farm fresh 1/2 and 1/2, honey and some plain yogurt (the yogurt is reserved for soapmaking!). It felt great to be back in my hometown on such a nice summer day.

The next pitstop came at Creative Fibers in Windsor, CT.  Creative Fibers is a great local yarn store, and I don't think I've ever left there without leaving a good chunk of my paycheck! I bought 2 skeins of gorgeous Malabrigo yarn and 3 skeins of mint green Dreambaby yarn (thanks to the earlier visit, I've been inspired to make a baby blanket). Below is the Malabrigo:



I'm definitely thinking this color would make a beautiful popcorn stitch scarf.  Below is the Dreambaby:


The Dreambaby is that soft, cushion-y kind of yarn that is perfect for a new baby.  The color works for either a boy or girl.  Again, I'm thinking maybe popcorn stitch, though it might take me a long time to complete a small blanket in that stitch.  Or, if I'm more in a rush, I think a basketweave stitch would be beautiful as well.

Guess that's it for now.  Off to do homework and to try and tear myself off of Etsy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jen and Kathy, just writing to let you know that I think your blog is great and you have won a lovely blog award! To find out more follow this link...http://lylejanisb.blogspot.com/2011/09/loveliest-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete