Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What I've been doing

It's a new year and so it's time to make some new soaps! While I will certainly continue making many of my fragrance oil based-soaps, this year I plan on expanding the line of natural soaps. I must be in the mood for herbs, because I've got a lot of herbal based soaps planned for this year.  Yesterday, I made a batch of Rosemary and also Rosemary mint. I'm planning on a batch of clary sage, lavender, basil, and patchouli as well. 

Here are a few shots of yesterday's soapmaking adventures:
Plain Rosemary on the left; rosemary-mint on the right


Here they are out of the mold. This time, rosemary-mint is on the left, and plain rosemary on the right.

Check out the crazy top on the rosemary loaf!

The first slice from each loaf - they smell so nice. Just the right amount of scent for me!

Next up, a batch of Groovy soap, a man's shave soap, and I think Patchouli third.  I will be back in school by the end of the month and want to start cranking out some more soap...getting pretty low from Christmas sales.

Other stuff I've been doing, in pictures:


Knitting!
More Knitting!
Making Laundry soap


At this point, our family has enough soap to last several lifetimes. So what to do with all the soap ends, or pieces that just aren't quite pretty enough? Grind them up into laundry soap! I only make little bits at a time, but I'm finding people really like it, including us. It makes our clothes so nice and soft, and they smell great.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I'm jealous, I wish I had enough soap for a lifetime, and I can't wait to try the new soaps!

    I nominated you on my blog for a Liebster award, check it out,

    http://queenofchairs.blogspot.com/2011/11/show-some-love.html

    ReplyDelete