Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting an education at craft shows

This weekend I completed my third ever craft show. This first one I did was a huge festival, the next was a tiny little show, and the third was right in the middle of both - a medium sized show! While every show has been different, one thing has remained the same - the other vendors at the show are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Being the newbie that I am, I've been taking in a lot of advice and wisdom from the more experienced vendors. It is amazing how you can start the day sitting next to a complete stranger, and by the end of the day, feel like you've known that person a long time.  The vendors I've met so far have gone above and beyond to help me - they've given me tips on looking for good shows, they've given me actual show dates and times and told me which to avoid and which are great.  Heck, they've even given me plenty of pats on the back when things aren't going so well!

Doing these shows is more work than I've ever imagined.  In fact, I'm still not sure if they are for me. But one thing is for sure - I've met some great people out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment